India to Tour South Africa for Four-Match T20I Series in November 2024

 

India to tour South Africa for short T20I series in November // IMAGE - ICC

In a joint announcement, Cricket South Africa (CSA) and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) have revealed that India will be touring South Africa for a four-match T20I series in November 2024. This tour marks the second consecutive year that the Indian men’s cricket team will be visiting South Africa, following their all-format tour in the 2023-24 season.

The series will kick off on November 8 at Kingsmead, Durban, with the teams moving to Gqeberha for the second T20I on November 10. The series will conclude in the Highveld region with matches in Centurion on November 13 and Johannesburg on November 15. The previous T20I series between the two teams in South Africa ended in a 1-1 draw, with one match in Durban being washed out due to rain.

Lawson Naidoo, CSA Chairperson, expressed his gratitude towards the BCCI, stating, "I would like to thank the BCCI for their continued support to South Africa's cricket, and world cricket in general. Any tour by the Indian cricket team to our shores is filled with amazing camaraderie and exciting cricket, and I know our fans will be eagerly awaiting this series which will showcase the exceptional talent from both teams."

BCCI secretary Jay Shah said, "India and South Africa have always shared a deep and strong bond, one that both nations take great pride in. The Indian Cricket Team has consistently received immense appreciation and love from South African fans, and this sentiment is equally strong among Indian fans towards the South African side. I am confident that the upcoming series will once again highlight the on-field cricketing excellence and deliver enthralling, high-intensity contests."

India Tour of South Africa, 2024 Schedule
Date Match Venue
November 8 1st T20I Durban
November 10 2nd T20I Gqeberha
November 13 3rd T20I Centurion
November 15 4th T20I Johannesburg

Post a Comment

0 Comments